1. Listening to the daily two hour downpour while lying in bed
2. Menu del Dia – daily lunch special at restaurants all over Oaxaca – delicious, filling and cheap. Manhattan could learn a lesson here
3. Agua del Dia – the juice of the day. Though I think they mix in water. Delicious, healthy and cheap!
4. Oaxacan coffee at Nuevo Mundo coffee, an awesome coffee shop in my hood. YUM
5. Oaxaca weather. Not as hot as NYC or as cold as San Francisco in the summer. In other words…perfect.
6. Hotel Las Golondrinas – ok, maybe it’s cheesy to put a hotel on here. But the staff is so friendly, the rooms cozy and clean, the breakfast in the beautiful outdoors patio (I saw hummingbirds this morning!) delicious.
7. Oaxacan cheese – “quesillo”
8. Mole sauce – YUM
9. Flowers and fresh fruit everywhere